Part 2 as promised…
- Add pops of color with your pillows, rugs and window treatments. By using neutrals for your larger pieces, this allows you to be able to change the look of your space quite easily. Pillows are easy to move and replace, while a sofa may not be so easy to reinvest in every year or two.
- Use natural tones in your space to add warmth. Cool tones can make a space look harsh and cold. Natural tones such as wood floors or a wooden coffee table really warm up a space.
- Live in your space! Usually when designing a space, I use materials and pieces that are functional as well as easy to clean. Who wants to have a white sofa that no one can sit on or you have to keep covered in plastic!! Sorry Marie (Everybody Loves Raymond)!
- Use greenery! Greenery helps add the finishing touches to a space. Try it! You’ll thank me!!
- Finally, don’t be afraid to ask for help! We love to help our customers find pieces for their homes! That’s what your mobile device is for, right? Take pictures and then take it to your local design store and ask for help! I’m sure they would love too!!
I hope these tips have helped you and encourage you to get up and get going! Happy designing!!
Talk to you soon,